Product added to cart
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
INSKIN COSMEDICS will collect information from you when you visit our website or when you otherwise transact with us. The types of information that INSKIN COSMEDICS collects from you and the situations in which we collect personal information are outlined below:
If you create an account: we will collect your name, country of origin and email address. You will not be put on the mailing lists of any third parties.
If you do not create an account: we may collect general site traffic data (see the paragraph on General site traffic data below).
When you place an order: we collect your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and Credit Card. This information must be provided to allow us to effect delivery of the products that you order, and to contact you if necessary. These details are retained in our database for record keeping purposes. Credit card data is held in encrypted form and complies to the highest security standards prescribed for data of this kind. Your email address may also be used to contact you if you discontinue a shopping session. We or our service providers may contact you by email to see if there were any problems and if we can help you to complete your transaction.
When you use our website: General site traffic data is collected for the purpose of site maintenance and improvement and provides information about which and how often certain pages are viewed. This helps us to understand what sorts of products our customers are interested in and alerts us to any areas of the site that may be difficult to navigate. The data we collect may include your IP address, your approximate geographic location, and data sent to us by your web browser, such as your operating system, browser type and version, computer type, MAC address and screen resolution. Cookies and other tracking technologies are used by us and our third-party partners, such as our advertising and analytics partners and our fraud prevention service providers, to provide functionality and to recognise you across different services and devices. You may opt out of sending us cookie data, but this may adversely affect your experience using our services.
Enquiries: when you make an enquiry of us online or by phone, we may collect your name and contact details to respond to your enquiry.
If you choose to not provide personal information, the main consequence for you if some or all of the above personal information is not collected by us, is that we may not be able to provide goods, services or information to you, or be able to provide them to the same standard as if we had the information requested.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
• Provide you with information that you have requested;
• Process orders you make through our website;
• Add you to our mailing list;
• Send you marketing materials;
• Promote our goods and services;
• Deliver to you the goods that you have ordered and provide you with customer service following these orders;
• Improve the website experience of our visitors;
• Provide services to you;
• Communicate with you; and
• Comply with our legal obligations.
We also use personal information for our own internal business purposes including:
• For data analysis to improve our products and services;
• Auditing our internal processes to ensure they function as intended and that we comply with regulatory requirements;
• For fraud and security monitoring;
• Developing new products and services;
• Identifying usage trends so we can understand which part of our services are of most interest to our customers;
• Determining the effectiveness of marketing campaigns so that we can adapt to the needs and interests of our customers; and
• Operating and expanding our business activities such as understanding which of our services are of most interest to our customers, so we can focus on our customers’ needs.
DO WE ENGAGE IN DIRECT MARKETING?
As part of our promotional, educational, and remarketing campaigns, we may contact you using the email address you have provided. If you prefer not to hear from us, please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email we send you and you will be removed from any future communications.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
In the course of conducting our business we may provide your personal information to:
1. Third Parties: in the course of providing products and services to you including, without limitation, through your use of our website. These third parties may include fraud prevention providers, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers and electronic network administrators
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. To enable our website (and your shopping experience) to function in the manner it is intended;
2. To prevent payment fraud;
3. As part of our business processes and for the purposes described above in ‘why does INSKIN COSMEDICS collect personal information’;
4. To meet the purpose for which your personal information was submitted;
5. If we have your consent to do so or otherwise when we are authorised by law;
6. If we are required by law to disclose the information; or
7. To process product returns.
HOW DO WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION?
All personal information held by INSKIN COSMEDICS will be handled and stored in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We will take reasonable steps to:
1. Make sure that the personal information we collect, use, or disclose is accurate, complete, and up to date;
2. Protect the information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure both physically and through security methods; and
3. Destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP INFORMATION?
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted considering the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
1. The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you;
2. Legal obligations we may have to keep (or destroy) your data; or
3. Legal advice we receive (such as in regard to litigation, regulatory investigations, or applicable statutes of limitation).
When your information is no longer required it is destroyed in a secure manner.
HOW CAN I ACCESS MY INFORMATION?
You are entitled to request access to personal information we hold about you and to request any information we hold about you be corrected or deleted. If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right of data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us by emailing email@example.com and we will provide this information to you consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information deleted from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. For your protection we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will comply with your request within a reasonable period after you make your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee for providing access to your information when permitted by law. If we delete your information, we may not be able to provide goods, services or information to you, or be able to provide them to the same standard as if we had your information.
WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES?
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16. If we become aware that a person under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the details below.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to:
Unit 1/10 Hill Road
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
If you would like to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you can contact us using the details below. We will investigate your complaint and respond promptly in writing notifying you of what we will do in response. If you are unsatisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (‘OAIC’). Contact details are on the OAIC website at https://www.oaic.gov.au.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This policy is subject to change over time without prior notice. We may amend this policy by updating it and posting it on our website.
COPIES OF THIS POLICY
You can ask us to provide you with a copy of this policy, including a hard copy, by contacting us using the details above.
Last Published: August 2022